Our History        New Rocky Creek Baptist Church was established in Jasper County, Georgia in 1874. On April 15, 1874, the membership of New Rocky Creek Baptist Church voted to accept the land and building donated by James Cornelius Aaron as a temporary meeting place. On October 16, 1875, the church voted to move permanently to this location.James Cornelius Aaron and brother Rev. William Harris Aaron Reverend William Harris Aaron, brother of James Cornelius, was the first pastor until his death on September 3, 1892. After tracing the history of the church, it does not appear that the church was a split off of an Old Rocky Creek. There was however, an Old Rocky Creek, located a few miles away, which burned down in the early 1900's, probably due to lightning according to those who lived in the community. New Rocky Creek obtained electricity in 1945, and did not have central heat and air until the late 1970's. Until that time, the church only met on Sunday mornings from spring until winter. Numerous changes have taken place since the church's origin. According to the church records, there have been seventeen different pastors to serve the church since 1943. In 1982, the church purchased an additional 3.1 acres and in 1986, another 7 acres. An educational building was added in 1985 and in 1989, the  church was remodeled to include a baptismal pool, steeple, and paved parking lot. The present pastor, Dr. Randal Reese, is the first full-time pastor. He was called in 1991. Under his leadership, New Rocky Creek has added an all-purpose building,  a family life center, and five additional acres of land. The all-purpose building was dedicated on August 4, 2002, and serves as the present sanctuary. It was designed to accommodate the overflow crowd meeting in the original church which had grown to two full services in the morning and an overflowing parking lot. Currently, there are two services held in this building and again the parking lot is full. The part-time music minister leads an early morning traditional service and a second contemporary service. A part-time associate minister has also been called by the church. The Family Life Center was finished debt-free in 2009, and fills a need for AWANA NRC Family Life Centerand youth events, family nights, movie nights and other outreach opportunities. An additional five acres of land were purchased in 2009, bringing the total campus size of New Rocky Creek to seventeen acres. This addition of land has enabled the church to host large outdoor tent events in an effort to reach the surrounding community. As in the days of Acts, the Lord is adding to His Church daily such as should be saved.